4. Clearly Articulated
What Is Company Culture?
4. Company Culture Is Clearly Articulated
COMPANY CULTURE IS Clearly Articulated
When company culture is designed, it can be clearly defined. Broad or wishy-washy terms are not helpful. Very few people can find a deeper meaning in broad strokes - we need direction and focus.
Articulating company culture is more than value or mission statements. The culture must have a purpose that is approachable and attainable yet something worth working towards.
The building of the verbal "what" and "how" are the beginnings as we must act.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR US?
- Without definition of what our company culture is, there's little to live out intentionally
- Without an articulation, there is no focus
- Deep meaning in work does not come from broad terms
- Mission and value statements are necessary to articulate company culture
WHAT CAN WE DO?
- Define what the company culture is
- Help people know how to practically live in line with the company culture
- Have developed values and mission statements but don't stop there
- Live as if we really believe in the company culture we define