What Is Company Culture?
5. Company Culture Is Inspirational
COMPANY CULTURE IS INSPIRATIONAL
A direction must be worth the effort for us to travel that way. Sure, we'll do something just for the accomplishment or the money or the experience for some time. Company culture may be about so much more than the one time thing. Developing a beautiful company culture is not the mountaintop, it is the mountain itself.
Anything with the ability to change the day-to-day like improved culture at work will require hard work. Hard work like scaling an icy precipice at times. Hard work like making camp when you're tired and beaten down and hungry.
For a company to have a culture that really sticks, there must be a deeper reason. Companies with evangelical employees receive more than a paycheck. Companies worth working for have a really drawing reason to latch on to.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR US?
- Our company cultures must really mean something to us
- Employers and employees should both want to work for the company
- Finding deeper meaning at work can improve work and personal conditions
WHAT CAN WE DO?
- Know what is really important about our lives and live that out in our companies
- Know what is really important in the lives of others and try to make that happen